When setting up your Quick Facebook Chat for the first time, you may notice that your chat window may not appear correctly on your site, like this:
Or just a long thin line and an X button.
Please be noted that: You must enter link to your Facebook business page, not personal Facebook account
There are 5 possible reasons and here's how to fix them quickly:
1. You do not put the right PAGE ID into the app settings:
Some customers just put in the name of the page, which is not correct. You need to put the page ID, which is between 2 source lines in the page link, as below:
Put it into the app admin dashboard:
If it is correct, your chat box example will be shown in the "Your chat box will be like this". If not. That box will be empty.
2. Your Facebook response time does not allow chat box to show:
What is response time display?
This is a new Facebook feature to let customers know how long they should expect before their messages to be responded. On your Facebook fanpage admin tab, you should be able to see it on the left hand bar.
Why you need to change this setting
At the moment, Facebook is automatically calculating the average response time. However, when you setup an on-store messenger window, Facebook might get confused and can’t automatically calculate the average response time, and therefore won’t show your window.
Just change this auto setting to one of the other 4 manual options, following these steps:
First, go to Setting:
In your setting page, click on Messaging tab and you should be able to see your response time display setting.
This won’t make any changes in how you exchange messages on your fanpage, just shows your fans a different response time.
3. Page restrictions prevent users who are not logged in Facebook or restricted from seeing the chat box
Some business pages are restricted to some specific countries and age limit. Thus, users who are not logged in Facebook (Facebook cannot recognize) or restricted by the page's rectriction rules cannot see the chat box.
How to fix this: set your page to be visible to everyone.
4. You have not whitelisted your domain.
c In order to set or update the domain whitelist, you have the "Administrator" role for the Page and do the following to add/update your domain whitelist
- Click Settings at the top of your Page.
- Click Messenger Platform on the left
- Edit whitelisted domains for your page in the Whitelisted Domains section. Type in both the HTTP:// and HTTPS:// variants of your domain to ensure it works for 100% of users. Click the SAVE button. Small notice: to make sure, please whitelist both your public domain and the domain provided by your e-commerce platform. For example: https://yourdomain.com/ and https://your-domain.myshopify.com/
5. Your theme conflicts with Quick Facebook Chat's style --> prevent chat box from showing on your store
This case is not common, but some stores have themes that contain special elements that conflict with and prevent Facebook chat box from showing up on site.
If you have tried 3 solutions above and still cannot get your chat box up, you probably fall into this case. If so, please Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get support. Our customer success agent and engineer staff will fix this issue for you as soon as possible.
>> Connect with customers & convert them into sales via Facebook Messenger right on your store with Quick Facebook Chat. Get app for FREE.