Your Facebook page has been set with restrictions and it is not a public page.
We’re talking about Facebook Business Pages, not personal profiles. If you’re not sure if your Facebook page is viewable to the general public, then give it this quick test:
Go to Facebook, check to see if you logged in, and if so just click on the drop-down menu next to “Home” on the right-hand side, scroll down and click logout.
Log out of Facebook
You may want to clear your cache (on your browser) as well.
Now enter in your Facebook URL, and when it pulls up your page do you see the generic Facebook page asking you to sign up or login? Or, do you actually see your page, but it has an option to log in on top?
Below are two images. The first one shows a public page, while the second one shows a restricted page. If your page has restrictions, then the user will need to be logged in to view your page.
Adjust Facebook Settings
1. Log in to Facebook
2. Go to your page
3. Click “Settings”
4. Click “General” on the left-hand side
- “Country Restrictions”: If you have a restriction your page will not be public. Someone must be logged in, in order to view your page.
- “Age Restriction”: If you have a restriction your page will not be public. Someone must be logged in, in order to view your page. If your page is for a bar is alcohol-related you must choose “alcohol restriction” which means your page will not be public. If you don’t go with its proper restriction you put your page and your business at risk for not being compliant. Bummer, we know!
- “Page Moderation”: If there is anything written in that box, your page will not be public. Someone must be logged in, in order to view your page.
- “Profanity Filter”: If you have selected an option other than “Turn off” your page will not be public. Someone must be logged in, in order to view your page.
Those are the 4 reasons that your Facebook page would require someone to log in in order to see your page.
See image below. Here are the four areas of restrictions.
Please adjust these settings and try to open your Facebook page again with a new private window to make sure it works.
>> Get your own coupon pop ups that turn visitors into email subscribers, social followers and increase online sales. Get app for FREE.