Besides custom offers you can create yourself, Boost Sales app has Smart Upsell and Smart Cross-sell options that could help you create bulk up-sell and cross-sell offers in the easiest and fastest way.
These features are powered by our AI, which helps collecting, recording customers' patterns and analyzing their behaviors, then giving personalized product recommendation for each customer. The purpose is to create a wow-factor for your store UX and, more importantly, sell customers what they most likely to buy.
Note: Since this feature works base on your sales history, the longer time the app stays on your store, the better offers it will create.
1. Global smart up-sell & global smart cross-sell
We've learnt from thousands of our merchants and understood that creating a good up-sell offer isn't easy. You may be unsure if what you are giving is what they need.
In addition, creating numerous offers may take time. It would be fine if you have a team to support you. But our mission is to automate your work as much as possible and help you save human resource.
Backed by Beeketing Artificial Intelligence, Global smart up-sell take into account every factors that matter then generating exact products that should be up-sold with a specific one. The best thing is, it can do so for any of your products. It applies not only big data & machine learning to suggest relevant items, but it also follows fundamental upsell rules by e-commerce experts to make sure that you either augment or improve the product with your upsell offers.
We take into account many factors to calculate and decide the relevant level between your products. To make it simple to understand, they boil down to 4 main factors, which are:
- Users preference: prioritize to show products that the customer has viewed or bought.
- Products that are bought after currently viewing product is viewed.
- Products that are frequently bought with currently viewing product.
- Products that are frequently viewed in the same session with the currently viewing one.
Depends on each individual's browsing behavior, the smart up-sell offers may vary for each customer and they will see different up-sell/cross-sell offers. In addition, order history in your store will also affect the way smart up-sell/cross-sell feature works. For example, Smart up-sell will suggest different product when the season changes or there is a new trend of products combination in your sales history.
Global smart up-sell will be automatically turned on when you first install Boost Sales app. Kindly note that it will work best with a reasonable amount of store data. It's definitely a smart choice for merchants whose stores have a great number of products and are not able to handle every single item.
Smart up-sell recommendation rules
In global smart up-sell, Boost Sales allows you to add more rules to make smart up-sell works even "smarter".
- Set rules for your target products: by default, global smart up-sell would apply for all of your products. To give you more space to control which products should be targeted, we add options for you to include/exclude products from global smart up-sell by manually picking one by one or set product rules.
- Up-sell product rules: we understand that there may be some other factors that you would want to take into account to make up-sell products align with your purpose. Here you can add more rules about prices, collections, tags, product vendor so that Boost Sales could know which product it should prioritize in the list. An up-selling item that match all of your rules will be ranked #1, following by others.
- Lastly, the number of up-selling products in a smart up-sell offer will never exceed the max number of you set.
2. Suggested offers
Different from Global Smart Up-sell/Cross-sell, Suggested offers need your approval to be activated. After Boost Sales is installed in your store, your historical data will be analyzed to find which products are often bought together, then suggest equivalent offers.
We score each suggested offer for you to know which one would likely have better performance when it goes live. The score is counted based on the frequency of the combination that Boost Sales finds in your order record. By clicking Create Offer button, the suggested offer will live on your store. For this type of offers, you are able to add a discount to make it more attractive to customers.
You can use Suggested Offers as an analyzation to gain insights from your customers. It is the best choice for those who don't want to depend too much on Global Smart Up-sell and need a way to improve their custom offers.
We hope this article would help you understand more about our smart up-sell and smart cross-sell, hence are able to find a suitable solution.
Now let's enjoy your sales going up!